Two Dead After Car Leaves I-84, Strikes Tree, Police Say
Two people are dead after a car left I-84 and struck a tree. State Police are currently investigating the single-vehicle crash that occurred westbound early Friday morning in the Town on Montgomery.
On Friday morning at approximately 6:41 a.m., troopers responded to a single vehicle crash on I-84. A preliminary investigation revealed that a Dodge Journey operated by Heather Morgan, 36 of Beacon was traveling westbound on I-84, left the roadway and entered the center median and struck a tree.
Heather Morgan, along with her passenger Derick Jones, 37 of Beacon, died as a result of the injuries sustained in the crash.
Anyone who may have information is asked to contact the State Police at SP Montgomery at 845-457-1389.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie