Herd of Escaped Bison On the Loose in New York State
Officials in New York state are on the lookout for some escaped suspects. However, these suspects all weigh in at over one thousand pounds, can be ill tempered, and like to eat grass.
WYNT is reporting that a herd of bison escaped from a farm in Sharon Springs, which is about forty five miles west of Albany. WYNT says that one farmer, one county over in Roseboom, says the escaped herd had heavily damaged his crops.
The owner is currently working with New York State police and the DEC to roundup the escapees. USA Today says that there are about 75 of them, with at least 30 adult buffalo, three bulls, and 45 calves; with about half of the calves being bulls.
As of now, no one had been hurt, though officials obviously want to corral the animals before they trample anyone.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie