Happy 44th Birthday, WPDH!
Today WPDH celebrates 44 years on the air as a rock and roll station. That is a long run. And I have actually been working here for well over half of those 44 years. In fact, I have spent a good part of my adult life here at WPDH. That is something I am proud of, and I am honored to be part of such a great radio station. I'm about to tell a story that I tell just about every year. So, if you've heard it, I apologize.
It was back on June 1, 1976 that WPDH signed on as a rock station. Tommy Webster picked me up for school that day in his old Ford Falcon. It was either a 1965 or 1966, neither of us can seem to remember. We do remember how excited we were that there was finally a rock station right here in the Hudson Valley. We became quick fans and loyal listeners. It was a dream come true when I actually got a job here, and it's been a dream job for me.
Thanks, WPDH for 44 great years, and thank you to all of the residents of the Hudson Valley who have been listening for so many years. You are what makes a successful radio station. Here's to many more years of great rock and roll.Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
- 7 Secret Tips to Winning a Radio Call-In Contest
- The 11 Biggest Celebrities Born in the Hudson Valley
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Restaurants
Robyn Taylor: The 5 Nicest Rock Stars I Got to Interview