Free Boater’s Safety Course in Sullivan County
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office Marine Patrol Unit will host a one day (8 hour) New York State Boater's Safety Course on Sunday September 1, 2019.
The class will be held from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Tennanah Lake Golf and Tennis Club 100 Fairway View Drive Roscoe, New York 12776. You must be at least 10 years old to attend and must pass a written test at the end of the session.
Starting in 2025, all boaters, regardless of age, will be required to pass an approved course in boater education in order operate a motorboat in New York State. Currently, all operators of personal watercraft (jet skis/wave runners) must be at least 14 years old and possess a boater safety certificate.
Seating for the class is limited and pre-registration is required. There is no charge for the course. New York State does charge a fee of $10 for the boater’s certificate which does not expire. The fee is waived for students less than 18 years old.
To sign up for the class call the Sheriff's Patrol at 794-7100, press option 1, and speak with the deputy on the desk
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie