15 Facts About Marist Freshman That Will Make You Feel Very Old
The Marist College class of 2023 is here, and learning about them will make you feel very old.
This Week 1,389 first-year students moved in to the Poughkeepsie campus, ready to tackle college life. And while we're all getting further and further away from living like a student, some facts about the Marist freshman will make you feel like you have turned into your grandparents.
The yearly "Marist Mindset List" captures the worldview of this year’s first-year college class. The list notes what has "always" or "never" been true in their lifetimes, giving professors and college personnel a better understanding of their experiences. This is the 22nd year that Marist has published the list, giving us a look at just how far we are removed from the freshman experience.
Here are 15 of the most shocking revelations from this year's Marist Mindset List:
- Like Pearl Harbor for their grandparents, and the Kennedy assassination for their parents, 9/11 is a historical event.
- Because of Richard Reid’s explosive footwear at 30,000 feet, passengers have always had to take off their shoes to slide through security on the ground.
- They have outlived iTunes.
- PayPal has always been an online option for purchasers.
- Only two-thirds of this generation identify as exclusively heterosexual.
- Apple iPods have always been nostalgic.
- Quarterback Troy Aikman has always called the plays live from the press booth.
- It has always been illegal to use a hand-held cell phone while driving in New York State.
- Except for when he celebrated Jeopardy’s 35th anniversary, Alex Trebek has never had a mustache.
- They have always been concerned about catching the West Nile virus.
- There have always been “smartwatches.”
- Pittsburgh’s Steelers and Pirates have never played at Three Rivers Stadium.
- Monica and Chandler have always been married on Friends.
- Cal Ripken, Jr., has always been retired.
- Teams have always been engaged in an Amazing Race around the world.
So, how many of these facts make you feel like you're ready for the nursing home? I don't know about you, but I think I'm going to need a walker when I show up at my Marist 25th reunion next month.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie