FOX Sports Broadcasts From West Point In Honor Of Veterans Day
The big FOX NFL Sunday team was in the Hudson Valley Sunday broadcasting live in honor of Veterans Day.
The two-hour broadcast featured regulars Terry Bradshaw, Curt Menefee, Howie Long, Michael Strahan, Jimmy Johnson, and Jay Glazer. They've broadcasted live from military installations before but never West Point, more than 1,000 cadets were on hand to join in on the action.
The show featured stories on West Point's history along with a piece on Pittsburgh Steeler and West Point graduate Alejandro Villanueva. Duke men's basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski who is also a West Point graduate, made an appearance on the show as well.
In addition to the Sunday broadcast, Bradshaw, Menefee, and others appeared at the Saturday Army/UMASS game at Michie Stadium and joined in on the coin toss.
In previous years, the popular NFL pregame show appeared at Fort Benning, Naval Station Norfolk, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam and even traveled to Afghanistan in 2009.
Oh, look Bon Jovi.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center