Fireworks for Sale in NY: List of Where You Can Get Them
Have you seen them in stores and thought, "Wait, is this a test? Fireworks for sale in NY? Where's the cameras?" No, you really can buy them and it is all legal.
As of June 1, 2015, small fireworks (sorry no big explosions or Roman Candles) are allowed to be sold in NY, as long as the local municipality agrees. Governor Cuomo signed this bill last November of 2014.
Previously, only a few counties had said that selling fireworks was ok. According to the NYS Police website, the following Hudson Valley counties have said it is okay to sell the "sparkler devices," Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Ulster, Sullivan and Greene.
The fireworks will not be available all year long, only during the time period of June 1-July 5, 2019 and also December 26, 2019 - January 2, 2020..
Do you have fireworks at your house or do you go to a fireworks show that is put on by a municipality?
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America