Columbia County Sheriffs Investigate Death of 12-Year-Old
Police in Columbia County are investigating the death of a 12-year-old.
Sheriff David P. Bartlett reports that on December 3rd, 2019 at approximately 5:28 pm, the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residence on County Route 9 in the Town of Austerlitz to assist EMS with an emergency medical call involving a 12-year-old child.
Sheriff’s deputies and State Police members arrived on the scene and assisted emergency medical personnel with medical care until the Chatham Rescue Squad transported the child to the Columbia Memorial Hospital.
The child was later transported from Columbia Memorial to the Albany Medical Center where on December 6, the individual passed away.
Sheriff Bartlett said:
The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigative Branch along with assistance from the New York State Police are actively investigating the circumstances sounding the child’s death as would be done with any case where a death has occurred.
At this time there is no further information available.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie