51 Photos Inside My Dream Hudson Valley Farm
After years of searching, I've finally found my dream Hudson Valley farmhouse. Now, all I need is $8.5 million to make it happen.
After what seems like a lifetime of dreaming of big city living, I've gone the complete opposite direction in recent years and think a simpler way of life could be the way to go. Get a couple of horses, cows, maybe a donkey? Who knows. I'd have plenty of lands to mix it up. And no one to say, 'no sir, you can't keep that donkey in your backyard'.
I stumbled upon Old Stone Farm in Staatsburg while gawking at other properties I'll never afford. It's a 236-acre piece of land with multiple structures on the property. There are hiking trails and the barn has been used as a yoga retreat. Featuring a biodynamic farm and commercial kitchen, it doesn't get much more farm to table than that.
So when I get the $8.5 million together I'll let you know. I could see that barn space as a cool intimate spot to set up a band.
LOOK INSIDE: 51 Photos of the Ultimate Hudson Valley Farmhouse
Eleanor Roosevelt's Hudson Valley Childhood Estate Up For Sale
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- RUSH HOUR: The Hudson Valley's 10 Busiest Roads
- 13 Classic Hudson Valley Diners That Do It Right
- HISTORY: How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- FAMOUS: Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- 10 Orange County Locations On The National Register of Historic Places
- DEMO: Drone Footage Captures Historic Psyche Center Demolition