4 Hudson Valley Residents Accused of Making Fraudulent Purchases
A Staples employee took photos of a customer's card, a father and son stole a debit card and a woman took friend's credit card to make fraudulent purchases, police say.
A Monticello man told police his debit card was stolen from the glove box of his car.
Lawrence Wilson Sr., 42, and Lawrence Wilson Jr., 23, both of Monticello are accused of acting together and using the stolen debit card to make a purchase at a Village of Monticello business.
Officers used the business's video surveillance system to help identify the father and son, police say. The stolen debit card was found in the father's car, according to police.
Both were charged with forgery, two counts of criminal possession of stolen property, felonies, and petit larceny, a misdemeanor.
Katie L. Shick, 56, of Lake Katrine is accused of taking a credit card from an acquaintance without permission and using the credit card to make purchases totaling over $3,000 at a number of Hudson Valley stores.
Shick was charged by the Ulster Police Department with two counts of grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property, felonies, and 12 counts of petit larceny, a misdemeanor.
Town of Wallkill police charged 19-year-old Owusu A. Agyeman of the City of Middletown with unlawful possession of personal information and petit larceny.
Agyeman, an employee at Staples in the Town of Wallkill, took a photograph of the victim’s credit card and made online purchases from Amazon, Venmo and NFL Shop, police say.
- Hudson Valley Celebrity Couple Rescues 'In Love' Donkey & Emu
- I Love New York Logo Created By Hudson Valley Man
- Hudson Valley Special Needs Student Wins $28 Million in Rape Case
- AMBER Alert: Child Abducted, Likely Traveling Through Hudson Valley
- Mid-Hudson Civic Center Is Being Renamed, Revitalized
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Killing Family Member Wanted By FBI
- Hudson Valley Man, 2 Teens Charged With Murder
- Exotic Tick Which Spreads Deadly Disease Found In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Pleads Guilty Following School Shooting Threat
- 7 Arrested in Hudson Valley Prostitution Bust