WHOOPS: New York State Man Arrested For “Breakfast Time DWI”
New York State police added a colorful description to an arrest Tuesday morning in the town of Lindley. Ever heard of a breakfast time DWI? Is that just a new way of saying "been out on a bender all night"?
WETM reports that state police stopped a vehicle for lack of a front license plate and crossing the hazard lines 7:00 a.m. Tuesday when they discovered the driver slurring his words.
WETM says the 27 year-old Corning man could not complete a sobriety test and was taken to the police station in Painted Post, NY. WETM reports that the driver's BAC was found to be .10 percent, above the legal limit of .08. .
While the events leading to the arrest are not yet known, cases like this do happen a lot. Sometimes a person may have been up late the night before heavily drinking, then passes out, and then later wakes up before they've completely sobered up and decides to drive. Of course, there's always the chance the man just decided to get up really early and start hitting the bottle, but that scenario seems less likely.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
<!--END VIDEO CODE -