Teen Arrested in Poughkeepsie Stabbing, Police Say
The 14-year old turned himself into police following the incident in Poughkeepsie.
On Wednesday, at approximately 2:54 p.m. City 911 received multiple calls reporting a stabbing on Grubb Road in the City of Poughkeepsie.
Responding officers found a 16-year-old victim stabbed once in the ribs. The victim was transported to an area hospital where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries and released the next day.
The 14-year old suspect turned himself in at police headquarters, and he was transported to a local hospital for treatment of facial injuries sustained during the incident with the victim.
The suspect was issued an appearance ticket to appear at the Probation Department at a later date. He will be charged in Family Court with the appropriate charges by the Dutchess County Attorney’s Office.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call (845) 451-7577.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie