Police: Man Arrested After Stealing Cash from Gas Station
A man is behind bars after he was allegedly caught stealing cash from an Orange County gas station.
Around 4 a.m. Tuesday, a man wearing a mask over his face walked into a Mobil gas station in Monroe while wearing gloves and carrying a bag.
The man walked to the counter with the intention of robbing the clerk, police say. However, the clerk was in a storage room. He noticed the man enter the gas station on video and called police.
The suspect then allegedly opened up the cash register, stole all the money and fled on a bicycle.
Responding officers found a person who matched the suspect on Heritage Trail. The man had money that was stolen from the gas station on him, police say.
A search of the area allegedly revealed more undisclosed evidence that linked the man to the crime.
Andrew Margillo, 30, from Campbell Hall was charged with attempted robbery, criminal possession of stolen property, petit larceny and criminal possession of a hypodermic needle. He was remanded to Orange County jail on $3,000.
- Hudson Valley Man Gets 25 Years to Life in Prison, Again
- Book Written By Hudson Valley Author, With Former President to Become TV Series
- Warning: Poisonous Spiders Found In New York
- Hudson Valley Resident Grabs History
- Have You Seen This Missing Hudson Valley Teen?
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Drunk Fatal Hit-And-Run
- Owner of Popular Hudson Valley Gym Dies
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley