Police: Hudson Valley Man Found With Half-Million Worth of Weed
A Hudson Valley man is accused of possessing $500,000 worth of weed.
On Monday around 1:45 p.m., a Sullivan County Sheriff’s deputy stopped a 2011 Ford pickup truck on Hurd Road in the Town of Bethel.
Upon approaching the vehicle, the deputy immediately smelled the pungent odor of marijuana, police say.
The driver of the vehicle, Ibere V. Calvo, 58, of Swan Lake was allegedly in possession of approximately 15 pounds of marijuana.
Working with Town of Bethel police, deputies were able to identify two locations connected to the Calvo, officials say.
In the subsequent investigation, deputies recovered 92 pounds of marijuana from 491 Hurd Road and 40 pounds from 54 Laymon Road, authorities allege.
The street value of the drugs was estimated at $500,000, according to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.
Calvo was charged with 2 counts of criminal possession of marijuana and 1 count of criminal possession of marijuana, felonies. He was sent to the Sullivan County Jail in lieu of $35,000 bail.
- More Name Changes to Hudson Valley Bridges, Roads
- Fatal Accident Shuts Down 84 For Hours
- Hudson Valley Woman Helps Delay Vote on Brett Kavanaugh
- 'Armed & Dangerous' Hudson Valley Shooter Robs Store: Police
- High-Risk Sex Offender Kills Emergency Housing Employee
- Hudson Valley Woman Forced 2 Girls Into Prostitution
- Hudson Valley Woman Rescued After Car Lands In Creek