New York State Fair To Hold ‘Women’s Day’, $1 Admission For Women
The New York State Fair is honoring the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment, which gave women the right to vote.
CNY Central reports that on August 28, 2019, the New York State Fair will hold "Women's Day". All women going to the Fair will be able to get in for $1 that day. Also on that day, the Fair will hold an event will feature speakers like Jacqueline Shellman, State President-Elect of NYS Women, Inc., Candace Edwards of Zonta International, and speakers from the New York State League of Women Voters and the Junior League.
According to CNY Central, the annual Women's Day Luncheon will also feature a reenactment from Cayuga Community College lecturer Dr. Melinda Grube. Dr. Grube will portray Elizabeth Cady Stanton, the suffragist who organized the first women's rights convention in Seneca Falls in the 1800s.
Listen to Afternoons With Taylor weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your Now 97.7 app. Connect with Now 97.7 on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Where in the Hudson Valley Should 'A Quiet Place 2' Be Filmed?
- What Is A 'Garbage Plate' And Why Doesn't The Hudson Valley Have Them?
- Hudson Valley Schools Dominate As Best in New York
- The 10 Dumbest Laws in NY
- Ulster County Chocolatier Makes The World's Best Chocolate