New Windsor Man Arrested In Connection With 2 Newburgh Shootings
Police say a New Windsor man who was involved in two Newburgh shootings was found with a semiautomatic weapon.
On Thursday around 8:15 p.m., members of the City of Newburgh Police Department arrested New Windsor resident Ryan Discua, 23, in the area of 230 Broadway for allegedly possessing a Hi-Point 9mm semiautomatic handgun.
Investigators then served a search warrant at his home on Columbus Street in the Town of New Windsor. As a result of the investigation, Discua was accused of shooting Romeo Herring in the City of Newburgh on Wednesday near 129 William Street.
Discua was also allegedly involved in a shooting that occurred on Sunday in the City of Newburgh.
The New Windsor man was charged with assault, three counts of criminal possession of a weapon and two counts of reckless endangerment.
This investigation, being conducted by the City of Newburgh Police Department and Orange County District Attorney’s office, is ongoing and anyone with further information is urged to contact the police department at (845)561-3131.
- Hudson Valley Man Who May Have Killed Wife Served Divorce Papers
- 'Once-in-a-Lifetime Event' Planned For Legoland Hudson Valley
- 3 From Hudson Valley Added to NYS Fallen Firefighters Memorial
- 'Breakthrough' Discovery: Fish Found in 'Fishless' New York Lake
- Forecasters Predict 'Stormy,' Active Winter Season For New York
- Repeat Hudson Valley Sex Offender Sexually Abused 19-Month Old
- Sneak Peek At Legally Haunted Lower Hudson Valley Home
- 3 Accused of Stealing 22 Pounds of Hemp From Hudson Valley Farm