Lower HV Man Gets 21 Years For Beating Death of Toddler, Police
Westchester County District Attorney Anthony A. Scarpino, Jr. announced Lloyd Scott of Mount Vernon was sentenced today for the beating death of his toddler son in their East Lincoln Avenue home in April 2018.
Scott, who pleaded guilty to Manslaughter in the First Degree, a class B felony, was sentenced to 21 years in state prison with five years’ post-release supervision.
Prosecutors read a victim impact statement on behalf of the child's mother, who was present in court for the sentencing, in which she described her anguish over the unimaginable loss of her son.
On April 16, 2018, Scott was alone with his two-year-old son while the boy’s mother was at work. During that time, he subjected the child to blunt force trauma about his body, put him in bed, and when the mother returned home from work told her the boy was sleeping. When she checked on her son, he was not breathing and was covered in bruises all over his face and torso. Scott drove the mother and child to an area near Montefiore Mount Vernon Hospital, but when the mother ran into the emergency room with the child in her arms, Scott fled in her car. The child was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital and Scott was apprehended later that night
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie