Local Man Slashed Man With Boxcutter, Police say
A local man is accused of slashing a man’s face with a boxcutter, leaving a large cut.
On Tuesday, Monticello police arrested 41-year-old Jerome P. Martin of Monticello for assault and criminal possession of a weapon, felonies.
On Tuesday around 5:15 p.m., police responded to a report of two men involved in an altercation at the West Broadway Villas apartment complex in the Village of Monticello.
Arriving officers found a 27-year-old Monticello man with a large cut across the left side of his face. The man was allegedly injured with a weapon that was described as a razor or boxcutter.
The victim was transported from the scene by Mobile Medic Ambulance for immediate medical treatment at CRMC in Harris.
An investigation identified Martin as the assailant, police say. Authorities didn’t reveal how the investigation led to Martin’s arrest.
Martin was and remanded to the Sullivan County Jail on $25,000 bail pending further court action.
- Hudson Valley Hoops Star NBA Dreams Now a Reality
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Sexually Assaulting Ex-Girlfriend In Beacon
- Bobcat Spotted in The Hudson Valley
- Orange County Choppers Honors Local Police Department
- Police Continue Searching Tennessee Fugitives Around Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested Again on Rape Charges
Here are this weeks top 5 local stories, including a local resident being diagnosed with Zika virus, and a local school bus driver who was allegedly found with child porn