Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
Police investigated after a Hudson Valley man was found dead in a ditch in the local area.
On Thursday, State Police in Sullivan County responded to Larson Road in the town of Mamakating for a report of a man found along the side of the road.
Stephen Warner, 70, of Mamakating, was found dead in a ditch along Larson Road. His car was found stuck in the lawn of a nearby home on Larson Road.
Warner lives across the street, according to police.
An investigation revealed Warner's car was running and got stuck in the lawn around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Warner's injuries are consistent with a fall and appeared to be in the elements overnight, police say. Neither Warner nor the scene indicated any criminal act, according to State Polie.
An autopsy determined the cause of death to be hypothermia with contributing cardiac issues, New York State Police reports.
- Car Demolishes Popular Hudson Valley Deli & Pizzeria, 2 Injured
- Woman Fatally Struck By Car Walking in Hudson Valley, 1 Injured
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Hudson Valley Business
- Tappan Zee Bridge Demolition Rescheduled, Traffic Nightmare Expected
- Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
- Major Expansion Planned For Woodbury Commons