Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder
Update: 12:30: This story has been updated after police released more information
After a lengthy investigation into a missing person, a Hudson Valley man has been charged with murder.
In June, State Police from Highland began investigating a missing person.
Recently, police executed a search warrant at a home on Quaker Street in Town of Newburgh where human remains were recovered, police say.
On Tuesday, after the remains were found, 43-year-old Christopher Smith of Wallkill was charged with second-degree murder, a felony.
After a lengthy investigation, Smith is accused of causing the death of a man in the Town of Newburgh, police say. Police didn’t reveal how their investigation led to the murder charge, or when the murder occurred.
Police plan to release more information once they have positive identification of the remains and an autopsy is completed.
- E-Cigs Banned in All Hudson Valley Restaurants, Bars
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove Drunk Twice in 24 Hour Period
- Dutchess County Man in Serious Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
- Hudson Valley Teens Rescued From Alleged Sex Traffickers
- Man Charged With Illegally Killing Deer in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley