Former Marist College Athlete Set To Compete In First IRONMAN
Former Marist College basketball player Sebastien Bellin was at Brussels airport on March 22nd, 2016 and nearly lost his life as a result of a coordinated suicide bombing attack. Dozens were killed and hundreds injured that day. He's gone through a number of surgeries in the aftermath of the incident and has decided to not let it define or hold him back.
Now coming up on three years since the attack, he is in training for his first IRONMAN and his story is inspirational. He spent those first three months after the incident in a hospital bed and slowly began rebuilding. But Bellin wouldn't allow himself to be a victim stating, 'a victim is somebody who after the experience becomes less than the experience. I'm different I'm handicapped, I'm disabled. I can't do certain things like before. He goes on to say, 'but certainly, I don't see myself as not even close to being a victim because there are lessons from overcoming these challenges that make me a better person, that give me a better perspective on life'.
The IRONMAN is a three-stage race consisting of a 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bicycle ride and a full marathon at 26.2 miles.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center