Famous Duck Donuts Opens First Hudson Valley Location
Hudson Valley donut fans lined the streets on Saturday for their first taste of Duck Donuts.
The fastest-growing donut chain in America opened its first location in the Hudson Valley, and loyal fans are hoping it's not their last. Duck Donuts started in the Outer Banks in North Carolina in 2007. After their first store opened word quickly spread about these delicious made-to-order donuts.
The newest Duck Donuts opened on Saturday in Mamaroneck to long lines of donut lovers who showed up to. With over 200 locations nationwide, Duck Donuts continues to expand. Each shop makes their donuts fresh to order. As soon as your donuts are made it's then up to you to add the coating, toppings and drizzle. You can choose from a dizzying amount of fixings including Oreos, coconut, peanut butter and even bacon, Special flavors are also released seasonally and announced on the donut shop's Facebook page.
It's unclear if Duck Donuts will continue to expand into the Mid-Hudson area. But the business is actively seeking franchise owners as the company continues to expand across the region. For now, Mamaroneck is the closest spot, which is still much more convenient than driving all the way to the Outer Banks. Although, those fresh donuts are more than worth the trip.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie