Woman Stabbed in Orange County, Police Say
An Orange County woman was stabbed during a domestic dispute in the Town of Wallkill.
On Thursday, January 9, at 10:50 am, Town of Wallkill Police responded to a reported domestic incident at Boulder Point Apartments located at 203 Genung Street, Town of Wallkill, for a domestic in which a stabbing occurred.
The victim of the assault, a 27-year-old Town of Wallkill resident, reported that she was stabbed by her wife. The victim was transported and treated at Orange Regional Medical Center (ORMC), listed in stable condition for stab wounds to her arm and back.
A subsequent investigation led to the arrest of Jasmine J. Criss, a 24-year-old, Town of Wallkill resident. Jasmin Criss was charged with Assault second-degree (felony) and Criminal Possession of a weapon 4th degree (misdemeanor).
The city of Middletown Police assisted with the investigation. The defendant was arraigned in the Town of Mount Hope Court before Judge John Goldsmith and remanded to the Orange County Jail on $2,500 bail or $5,000 bond until her next court appearance at a later date in the Town of Wallkill Court.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie