Every Award Anthony Bourdain Has Won
Chef Anthony Bourdain has died at age 61.
On Friday, June 8, 2018, Anthony Bourdain was found dead from a likely suicide. He was 61-years-old. Friend and fellow chef Eric Ripert found Bourdain dead in his hotel room in France, where Bourdain was filming another episode of 'Parts Unknown', according to CNN.
Bourdain, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) in 1978, gave the commencement speech in December of last year. He was also 1 of the 24 CIA graduates that were nominated for the prestigious Jame's Beard award this year, in the broadcast media category.
Bourdain is not only known for his cooking, but for his storytelling. He has won awards in both fields. These are all the awards he has won:
- Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Reality Show Host for Parts Unknown in 2016
- James Beard Award for Television Program, On Location for The Mind of a Chef in 2015, 2014, and 2013
- Honorary Clio Award in 2012
- James Beard Foundation Award for Who's Who of Food and Beverage in America in 2008
- PGA Producer of the Year Award in Non-Fiction Television for Parts Unknown in 2014
- Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Culinary Program for The Mind of a Chef in 2014
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Informational Series Or Special for Parts Unknown in 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013