Christopher Columbus Replica Ship Gets Trapped in NY
Just weeks after many celebrated Columbus Day, a replica of the Santa Maria ship got stuck on a sandbar near the Hudson River.
Christopher Columbus is a very decisive name these days. Many Americans love him and credit him with the discovery with the new world. Others despise him and blame him for murder and would love to replace the holiday to celebrate Indigenous People's Day.
According to the New York Post, police boats responded to a call regarding a replica of the Santa Maria ship that Columbus used on his expedition being trapped on a sand bar on the East River. The Santa Maria was in the city celebrating the 525th anniversary.
The ship was only stuck for about an hour before returning to a port in Brooklyn.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America