Car Vandalized, License Plate Stolen Following Dispute, Police
Following a domestic dispute, an Ulster County resident vandalized a motor vehicle, including stealing of the license plate.
On Thursday at approximately 9:00 p.m., Saugerties Police investigated a criminal mischief complaint in the Village of Saugerties.
The victim stated that as a result of a domestic dispute, Kelly Ortiz, keyed the victim’s car, scratched the driver side window, broke both side view mirrors of the vehicle, and damaged the front license plate, then stealing the rear plate off the vehicle. Several individuals on Partition Street at the time of the incident had witnessed Ortiz committing the vandalism.
On August 23, 2019, Officers took Ortiz into custody at Saugerties Police Headquarters. Ortiz was processed on the Misdemeanor charges of Criminal Mischief in the fourth-degree and Petit Larceny.
Ortiz was arraigned in the Village of Saugerties Justice Court, being released on her own recognizance and is scheduled to reappear in the Village of Saugerties Justice Court on September 9, 2019 to answer her charges.
An order of protection was issued by the court on behalf of the victim.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie