2 Killed in Hudson Valley After Driver Crashes Into Home
An alleged impaired driver is facing a number of charges after he crashed his car into a home in the Hudson Valley, killing two women.
On Tuesday, 32-year-old Cristopher Perrella of Vernon, N.J., was arraigned on an indictment charging him with four counts of aggravated vehicular homicide, four counts of vehicular manslaughter, two counts of manslaughter, eight-counts of vehicular manslaughter and four counts of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
On Nov. 4, 2017, Perrella crashed a car into a house in Glenwood Road in Pine Island, killing two female passengers, officials say.
A 2015 two-door topless convertible failed to navigate a turn which caused the car to leave the road and flip over, police say.
Two female passengers, 36-year-old Emily Carwile and Jessica Dussault, both from New Jersey, were thrown from the car during the crash. Both were pronounced dead at the scene. Perrella and another passenger were injured.
Perrella is accused of driving under the influence of alcohol and marijuana.
“Fatalities caused by those who drive while impaired by alcohol or other substances are as tragic as they are preventable,” Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said. “I thank the Town of Warwick Police Department and the New York State Police Accident Reconstruction Unit for their investigation of this matter during the grand jury investigation. My deepest condolences go out to the family of both of the deceased women in this case.”
Perrella was sent to Orange County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash or $150,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Teacher To Compete in Hit Reality TV Show
- AG: Hudson Valley Veteran's Charity Was Scam, Raffle Fake
- Hudson Valley Man Attacked By Cougar, Friend Killed
- Baby Hit and Killed by Father in Hudson Valley on Memorial Day
- Hudson Valley Brothers Still Missing After Car Crashes Into River
- Man Falls to Death During Difficult Hike Near Hudson Valley
- Police: Dutchess Teen Sexually Abused Child, Provided Alcohol