Vintage Poughkeepsie Footage Captures Marilyn Manson At His Prime
Not only did he instigate a food fight backstage at the Mid Hudson Civic Center back in the day, the ruckus Marilyn Manson and his crew caused allegedly cost $25,000 in damages.
MTV News reports the Saturday night show started off as what was described as an 'impressive-looking' food fight downstairs at the Civic Center. They broke a blender, chipped a countertop, put some holes in the wall, and got the carpet so dirty with bananas and mustard it had to be replaced. The fire department came when they set a t-shirt on fire but that was out by the time officers arrived. Then they took the stage.
The raucous 85-minute concert covered well-known originals like 'Dope Show' and 'Beautiful People' along with their cover of the Eurythmics 'Sweet Dreams'. The expletive-laden set whips the crowd into a frenzy as crowd surfing can be seen throughout. The video quality is what you'd expect of something filmed in 1998 but is definitely watchable and the audio is definitely bearable.
It was after the show they really made headlines when they went to the Poughkeepsie Sheraton and allegedly burned carpets, stained sinks and bathtubs with hair dye, and had a number of noise complaints lodged against them. MTV News reports the damage allegedly ran in the neighborhood of $25,000.
Here's a look at the full high energy show but you should know ahead of time that there are strong language and adult content.
Have a look at the full setlist for Marilyn Manson at the Mid Hudson Civic Center on November 21, 1998, on the Mechanical Animals Tour courtesy of Setlist.FM.
- The Reflecting God
- Great Big White World
- Cake and Sodomy
- Mechanical Animals
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) *Eurythmics cover
- The Speed of Pain
- Rock is Dead
- The Dope Show
- User Friendly
- I Don't Like Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me)
- Rock & Roll N**** *Patti Smith Group cover
- E. Antichrist Superstar
- E. The Beautiful People
- E. Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center