US Faces French Fry Shortage
This is scary. Hopefully, we can come together and fix this problem.
ABCNY 7 is reporting that we are heading to a french fry shortage. Yes, you read that right. We may be running out of french fries.
A fun fact for you, retailers use specific potatoes for their delicious french fries. Long Potatoes are relied on for our favorite fried side and due to cold and wet weather, their growth has been stunted this year.
Cool conditions started to hit growing regions in October, lashing potatoes with frost. Farmers in Alberta and Idaho were able to dig up some damaged crops for storage. But growers in Manitoba, North Dakota and Minnesota received snow and rain, forcing them to abandon some supplies in fields.
The Bloomberg article also predicts that french fry prices could climb in North America.
What are we going to do?! I guess we'll have to accept sweet potato fry for the time being.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash