Man Assaults Elderly Neighbor During Dispute, Police Say
A Poughkeepsie man was having a dispute with elderly neighbor when he allegedly assaulted him.
The Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department reports the arrest of Shawn Garrison following a report of a neighbor dispute.
On December 3, at approximately 3:30 pm, the Town of Poughkeepsie Police responded to Crestwood Boulevard for a report of a neighbor dispute.
A police investigation determined that Garrison was arguing with his 77-year-old neighbor.
The argument escalated and Garrison did intentionally push his neighbor down onto the roadway causing physical injury to the victim. Garrison was taken into custody and charged with assault in the second-degree (Felony).
Garrison was arraigned before Judge Paul Sullivan and was released to appear back in
Town of Poughkeepsie Court.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie