Town of Wappinger Cancels Summer Camp Program
More and more summer camps are being canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic. The town of Wappinger summer program announced this week that they have recently been added to the list.
We've all seen the memes online comparing your plans to what the year 2020 has in store for us. Many New Yorkers are becoming numb to seeing more and more events and summer activities being canceled. Adults are massively inconvenienced but this has got to be extremely hard on local children.
All summer camps in Newburgh have been canceled. According to a post on Facebook, The Town of Wappinger Parks and Recreation Department announced that they made the difficult decision of closing down their summer program. The release stated that the group activities the camp offers is not worth the health and safety of the children.
They have announced that they are looking into alternate digital programs as options. The camp does plan to return in 2021.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings