Three Hudson Valley Towns Named ‘Best Place To Live’ In Upstate NY
The numbers are in and sure the taxes are high, there's traffic and it's crowded. But let's face it we've got it pretty good in the Hudson Valley. In fact, three local towns are considered some of the best places to live upstate.
Niche compiles their annual rundown based on the US Census and FBI crime data. Crime, cost of living and several other factors are used to determine a town or city's standing. NewYorkUpstate.com broke the data down further and focused just on towns considered 'upstate'.
- #22 - Spackenkill in Dutchess County has a population of just of 4,100 people. An IBM plant is located within this Hamlet along route 9. Low crime, easy access to amenities are just a few reasons it's a great place to live.
- #23 - Cornwall-On-The-Hudson has a population of approximately 3,000 and the median home value is around $315,000. It's most famous landmark is the castle and home on Bannerman Island.
- #26 - Fort Montgomery's population is only around 1,500 but this small Orange County town played a role in the American Revolution. Today it's considered one of the best places to live in upstate New York.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America