The Bat-Signal Shines Over New York on Batman Day
Did you know there was an International Batman Day? Well, there is. The occasion falls on the third Saturday of September as fans around the world celebrate the Caped Crusader.
This year marks the 80th Anniversary of Batman. New York area fans got to the see the Bat-Signal shine in Brooklyn's Domino Park Saturday night, as hundred gathered. The NY Post says that NYPD Commissioner James O’Neill even joined the fun by changing his Twitter name to James Gordon: Commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department..
Hard to believe it's been 80 years since Batman first appeared in DC Comics. The character has continued to grow throughout the decades in many forms and variations in comics, movies, TV shows, and videos games.
In the stories, the Bat-Signal is used to alert Batman that there's danger in Gotham.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie