Worker Admits to Burning Construction Debris, DEC
On Sept. 19, ECOs Ricky Wood and Tom Koepf were patrolling in the town of Mamakating when they observed a large burning pile of construction debris.
The officers pulled into the residence and spoke to a worker on-site, who admitted to setting the fire to get rid of the waste from a house undergoing renovations.
Materials in the fire included drywall, treated wood, and plastics. ECOs contacted the Wurtsboro Fire Department to extinguish the fire.
The man was issued a summons for open burning of prohibited materials, returnable to the Town of Mamakating Court.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie