Pregnant Hudson Valley Woman Murdered By Elderly Man, Police Say
A pregnant Hudson Valley woman was gunned down by an elderly local man who was also later found dead.
Last Monday, New York State Police from Wurtsboro and the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office responded to a home on Mount Vernon Road in Summitville for a report of a shooting.
Arriving officers found 33-year-old Ashley Greene dead from multiple gunshot wounds outside of the home she shared with her mother.
Hudson Valley Post has since learned Greene was pregnant. Greene was in her second trimester, a New York State Police spokesperson confirmed to Hudson Valley Post over the phone on Tuesday.
According to her obituary, Greene's unborn son's name was Abraham Greene. Ashely Greene was born in Middletown.
Richard S. Boniface,70, of Mamakating fatally shot Greene, police allege. According to police, Boniface fled Mount Vernon Road in an unknown direction in a black 2006 Ford F250 pick-up.
The vehicle was later found in a wooded area off of Roosa Gap Road in the town of Mamakating.
Boniface was found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound 100 yards in the woods off of Roosa Gap Road, police say.
Police wouldn't confirm how the two knew each other and only said they are continuing to investigate.
- Pregnant Hudson Valley Woman Murdered By Elderly Man, Police Say
- Extremely Rare Peacocks Spotted Near Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley Prison Workers Sue Over Religious Discrimination
- 'Money Grab:' Is New York State and the DMV Scamming New Yorkers?
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Over Immigration Crackdown
- Tick Carrying a Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Found Near New York
- Cops: Hudson Valley Sex Offender Raped Child, More Victims Likely
- Man On The Run From Police in Hudson Valley For Nearly 20 Years
- Hudson Valley Man Arranged to Meet Teen At Mall For Sex