Police Suspect Elderly Mahopac Woman’s Death Was Murder
Police are hoping for help as they continue to investigate the likely murder of an elderly Hudson Valley woman in her home.
On Thursday around 3:15 p.m., police from Putnam County received a report of an unresponsive person at a home on Coventry Circle in Mahopac. Emergency responders found 75-year-old Perla Gatchalian dead inside her home.
Police are waiting on the autopsy results to announce a cause of death, but the death is being treated as a homicide.
"We are sure it is a homicide," Carmel Police Chief Michael Cazzari told ABC. "At this time, we do not have a cause of death."
As authorities search for Gatchalian’s killer or killers, they say there is no threat to the Mahopac community.
Anyone with any information regarding Gatchalian’s death is asked to call police.
- Poughkeepsie Man Charged With 2015 Mansion Street Murder
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Endangered the Welfare of Disabled Men
- Police Looking for Dutchess County Man Who Fled Before Jail Sentencing
- Orange County Cocaine Supplier Jailed
- Police: Woman Drove Drunk In The Hudson Valley With Children
A fire that took the life a Hudson Valley father and son and local police saved two people who were suicidal tops this week in local news.