Parolee Accused of Beating Old Man, Stealing From Dollar Store
A local man on parole for assault is accused of beating and robbing an elderly local man and stealing from a dollar store.
Monticello police arrested 28-year-old Keith Jackson of Monticello for robbery, assault, felonies, a misdemeanor for petit larceny and a violation of parole.
Jackson was charged following an investigation into the strong armed robbery of a 75-year-old Monticello man. Jackson is accused of knocking the elderly man to the ground and forcibly taking the man’s wallet, which contained around $200 at a Citgo CITGO convenience store on Forestburg road in the Village of Monticello
The 75-year-old suffered injuries to his head, shoulder and back, police say.
Jackson also allegedly stole $55 from a Family Dollar Store on East Broadway in the Village of Monticello.
In both incidents, Monticello police used video surveillance to identify Jackson, police say.
Jackson was remanded to the Sullivan County Jail without bail pending further court action. Jackson is currently on parole until October of2020 for a 2010 assault conviction.
- Local Cat Tests Positive for Rabies
- Two Hudson Valley Residents Wanted For Defrauding Immigrants
- Police Continue Looking For Two Missing Hudson Valley Residents
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Beat Dog, Tried to Crash Into Car With Kids Inside
- Police Continue Searching Tennessee Fugitives Around Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested Again on Rape Charges
Here are this weeks top 5 local stories, including a local resident being diagnosed with Zika virus, and a local school bus driver who was allegedly found with child porn