New System to File for Unemployment Created in New York State
After a surge in filings for unemployment, New York State has created a new system for people to file.
WNYT reports that a new system has been created for New Yorkers to file for unemployment. This is after many businesses in the state have closed or had to lay off employees. The New York State Department of Labor is anticipating a huge influx of people filing for unemployment
According to WNYT, if your last name beings with A-F, you should file for benefits on Mondays. If your last name begins with G-N, you should file for unemployment benefits on Tuesdays. And if your last name begins with O-Z you should file on Wednesdays. If you missed your recommended day, you should file on Thursdays or Fridays.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America