New Main Entrance Announced For New York City’s Penn Station
Governor Cuomo has announced that construction on a new main entrance for Penn Station in New York City will begin next month. Traffic has more than tripled since the station was built increasing from 200,000 to 650,000 passengers daily and the terminal needs upgrades.
The new entrance will be located at the corner of 33rd Street and 7th Avenue and will be completed by December of 2020. This is part of an overall redevelopment plan for Penn Station that will eventually include the creation of Moynihan Train Hall. The project is expected to mainly benefit riders of the Long Island Railroad and New Jersey Transit but will alleviate overall congestion.
Penn Station was one of the great railroad stations of the world, but now it's not fit for the greatest city in the nation. That's why we are creating a world-class train hall at Moynihan and today we are announcing a new East End Gateway to bring more access, safety, and light. Passengers will be able to come in that entrance and avoid the front of Penn Station, there will be less traffic and you'll have access to the subway and the LIRR. It will be a gateway to a world-class facility.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center