Man Leaves Supermarket With Full Cart of Groceries, Police Say
A lower Hudson Valley man is facing multiple charges after he left a Shoprite with a full cart of groceries.
On April 24, 2019, Officers responded to the parking lot of Shoprite in Stony Point, N.Y. for a male subject that left the store without paying for a shopping cart full of groceries.
The man was located operating a motor vehicle in possession of the stolen groceries. which he could jot produce a receipt for. The man, identified as David P. Gavrity, 38, of Tompkins Cove, N.Y. was also found to be operating his vehicle with his driving privileges suspended.
Gavrity was charged with criminal possession of stolen property, petit larceny, and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie