Hundreds of New York State Homes Flooded by Raw Sewage
Some families were forced from their homes after sewage after a water main break filled basements with disgusting sewage. The NY Daily News says the sewage is chest deep in some of the homes.
The Daily News says two to three hundred homes in South Jamaica, Queens were hit by the sewage. The Environmental Protection Commissioner says the problem comes from too many people pouring grease down the drain. The drains then got blocked thus trapping all the foul sewage.
Residents say the waters kept rising in their basements in spite of every effort they made to pump it out. This has left many of basements completely ruined. Now, homeowners are looking for other places to stay until a solution is found.
The sewage is coming from their tubs and showers. It’s coming through their walls. People have their doors open. It’s cold out here.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie