Anonymous Donors Popping Up All Over Hudson Valley This Week
Who was that mysterious donor?
That's the question that's been asked more and more this week as the spirit of the holiday has inspired many local residents to give.
During the holiday season, many people are moved to help out their friends and neighbors. The Boris and Robyn Show has begun the annual gift card drive for The Children's Home in Poughkeepsie. And while the Hudson Valley has always been generous in helping to provide a magical holiday for the kids living at the Children's Home, this year has been a little different.
During our first broadcast at Dunkin' Donuts on Route 9D we started to notice a pattern begin to develop. Someone would walk into the store and silently drop something in the bucket before quickly turning around to leave. We would ask them if they wanted a prize or giveaway and they would quietly decline, disappearing without even giving us their name.
These anonymous donors may be unknown, but their deeds certainly are not. On Wednesday one woman walked in with a white envelope that turned out to be filled with $500 in cash for the Children's Home. Another anonymous donor showed up and handed us a huge stack of Target gift cards. Other charitable WPDH listeners who opted to keep their identities private dropped $100 and $50 bills in the bucket before quickly turning away to leave.
These huge, anonymous donations are just part of the story. People seemed a little extra generous this year, dropping money and gift cards in our bucket to help out the kids at the Children's Home of Poughkeepsie.
And we're just getting started. You can still come out and join us at our two remaining live broadcasts.
- 12/11: Dunkin' Donuts on Route 9 across from Hannaford in Wappingers Falls
- 12/18: The new Dunkin' Donuts on Route 9 in Fishkill behind Boston Market near Wal-Mart
The Boris and Robyn Show will be live from 6am to 10am, signing up everyone to win a four-pack of tickets to see Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on opening night.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie