Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Illegal Sexual Activity With Child
A Hudson Valley man received a lengthy prison sentence for illegal sexual activity with a child.
On Friday in Southern District of New York Court, Clint Edwards of New Windsor was sentenced to 20 years in prison for enticing a child to engage in illegal sexual activity. The New Windsor man pleaded guilty in July.
According to documents filed in court, in May and June of 2017, Edwards used social media and texting apps on his iPhone to entice a 14-year-old girl to engage in sexual activity with him. During their text convos, Edwards requested sexually explicit photos and videos from the girl and sent her video of himself engaged in sexual activity.
Despite knowing that the girl was 14, Edwards arranged to meet the teen to have sex. In June 2017, he went to the girl's apartment and engaged in sexual activity with her in the building's basement and filmed a portion of the sexual activity, officials say
The basement’s surveillance cameras captured the sexual conduct and Edwards filming it. Edwards later traveled with the girl to New Windsor where Edwards continued to engage in sexual conduct with the girl over the course of several days, according to court documents.
On June 13, 2017, police found the girl at Edward's home. He fled as police arrived and was arrested three days later.
- Hudson Valley Celebrity Couple Rescues 'In Love' Donkey & Emu
- I Love New York Logo Created By Hudson Valley Man
- Hudson Valley Special Needs Student Wins $28 Million in Rape Case
- AMBER Alert: Child Abducted, Likely Traveling Through Hudson Valley
- Mid-Hudson Civic Center Is Being Renamed, Revitalized
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Killing Family Member Wanted By FBI
- Hudson Valley Man, 2 Teens Charged With Murder
- Exotic Tick Which Spreads Deadly Disease Found In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Pleads Guilty Following School Shooting Threat
- 7 Arrested in Hudson Valley Prostitution Bust