Hudson Valley Community Rocked After 2nd Homicide in Weeks
The FBI is investigating the second homicide in weeks in New Windsor.
On Wednesday around 8:20 a.m., the New Windsor Police Department responded a report of a dead woman after a maintenance worker entered a South Gate Apartment and found a 32-year-old woman deceased inside.
Police later identified the woman as Deborah A. Waldinger of New Windsor. An initial investigation indicates she died of blunt force trauma, but the medical examiner will make a final determination, officials say.
This scene is still being processed and officials are in the very early stages of the investigation, police say. Authorities added they have leads coming in for this case and they are actively being followed up by our detective and partners.
The FBI, New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigations and their Major Crimes Unit, the Hudson Valley Crime Analysis Center, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office and the Orange County District Attorney’s Office are helping the New Windsor Police Department in the investigation.
The death comes just weeks after a 21-year-old was fatally shot in New Windsor. On Sept. 21, Chelsea Debidin of Walden was gunned down at the Knox Village Apartment Complex while a 20-year-old man was wounded. No arrests have been made.
Police don't believe the homicides are related and don't think either victim was randomly targeted.
- Hudson Valley Man Who May Have Killed Wife Served Divorce Papers
- 'Once-in-a-Lifetime Event' Planned For Legoland Hudson Valley
- 3 From Hudson Valley Added to NYS Fallen Firefighters Memorial
- 'Breakthrough' Discovery: Fish Found in 'Fishless' New York Lake
- Forecasters Predict 'Stormy,' Active Winter Season For New York
- Repeat Hudson Valley Sex Offender Sexually Abused 19-Month Old
- Sneak Peek At Legally Haunted Lower Hudson Valley Home
- 3 Accused of Stealing 22 Pounds of Hemp From Hudson Valley Farm