Hudson Valley Car Salesman Stole From Several Customers, Cops Say
A Hudson Valley car salesman is accused of stealing from several customers. More victims are possible.
On Wednesday, New York State Police announced the arrest of 34-year-old Michael Edison Ramos of Middletown after a three-month-long investigation into the theft of cash down payments at the Nissan-Kia Middletown car dealership.
State Police were first alerted to the thefts in March 2019 after a customer alleged they weren't credited by the dealership for the full amount of their downpayment. The ensuing investigation identified several additional victims, police say.
Ramos was arrested and charged in both the towns of Wallkill and Wawayanda with two counts of grand larceny, falsifying business records, scheme to defraud, felonies, and possession of personal identification information, a misdemeanor.
He was arraigned and remanded to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $7,500 cash bail.
State Police are continuing to investigate and are interested in speaking to anyone who feels they also may be a victim of this scheme. Callers should contact the Middletown barracks at 845-344-5300 and ask for the Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
A call was made to Nissan-Kia Middletown for comment. A spokesperson said no one was available to comment at this time. A message was also left for the general manager. We will update this article if a comment from the car dealership is made.
- 'Horror Plant' Causes Blindness, Bad Burns Found in Hudson Valley
- Unwanted Bear Invades Popular Hudson Valley Playground
- Man Admits to Hit-And-Run That Killed Hudson Valley Mother of 3
- Hudson Valley Firefighter Burns Down Local Church
- Uber Driver Kidnaps Hudson Valley Woman, Allegedly Fondles her
- Hudson Valley Fire Chief Killed in NYC 'Didn't Know' Where He Was
- Hudson Valley Firefighter Killed by Local Ambulance
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Confesses to Fatal Hit-And-Run
- New Plant Will Produce Nearly 1,000 Hudson Valley Jobs
- Hudson Valley Bridge, Road Closed For Days During Rush Hour
- Cops Investigate Likely Child Abduction Attempt in Hudson Valley
- 3 Winning Lottery Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Family Left Homeless, Carless After Massive Fire