How Federally Dependent is New York State
With the current tax rates, how much does New York lean on Uncle Sam?
If a state can afford to not tax it's residents at high rates, the economy could be doing well, or the state gets disproportionately more funding from the federal government than states with harsher tax codes.
In order to determine which states depend on federal support the most and least, Wallethub comapred all the states across three key metrics: return on taxes paid to the federal government; federal funding as a share of state revenue; and share of federal jobs.
Federal Dependency in New York:
- 43rd - Return on Taxes Paid to the Federal Government
- 22nd - Federal Funding as a Share of State Revenue
- 43rd - Share of Federal Jobs
You can view the full report at Wallethub's webiste.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie