Here’s Why You’re Getting More Mosquito Bites Than Your Friends
Summer is slowly winding down. Which means the days are getting shorter and nights are getting longer and it also means we don't have to worry as much about pesky mosquitos.
Over the weekend I was at a barbeque and left with 3 bites on my forehead. My friends said they were fine all night.
So, what gives? Is it because I'm a sweeter person?
Well, I might not be too far off. Yahoo is reporting that the Journal of Medical Entomology did a study and found that mosquitos "Type O nearly twice as frequently as those with Type A."
While there is still more research to be done, Jonathan F. Day who is an entomology professor at the University of Florida says that mosquitos likely pick up on clues our body gives off, like secretion. Day says "The more you give off, the more attractive you are to these arthropods.”
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash