Governor Cuomo Strikes Down Bill To Legalize Prostitution in New York
The New York Post is reporting that Governor Andrew Cuomo has shot down a proposed bill to legalize prostitution in the state of New York. The reason? According to Cuomo, time. The bill, that some considered a log shot, was not introduced until the final days of legislative session.
Cuomo told WAMC:
I have not read the bill and I don’t believe in this stage of the session you can pick up that bill, educate yourself on the issue and have a reasonable conversation.
A group of New York politicians had backed the bill that eliminate laws that punish people who buy, sell and promote sex, according to the Post. Assemblyman Richard Gottfried of Manhattan said the bill would help legislate sex for money, as well as upholding laws against human trafficking, rape, assault and more. Lawmakers also felt that the justice system should not be overburdened with consenting adults.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie