Fatal Accident on Route 9W Tuesday Morning
State Route 9W was shut down on the northbound side for approximately three hours Tuesday morning.
The Town of Lloyd Police is investigating a two car fatal motor vehicle accident that occurred approximately 8:00 a.m. on Rt. 9W near the intersection of Argent Drive in Highland.
A 1995 Saturn driven by a 57 year old Dutchess County man was traveling south on Rt. 9w when he crossed over into the northbound lane of Rt. 9w and was struck by a 2016 Ford transit cargo van that was traveling north.
The Dutchess county man was transported to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital by Mobile Life Support Services where he was pronounced deceased. The driver of the cargo van, a 29 year old Dutchess County man and 5 passengers in the van were transported to Vassar Hospital by Mobile Life Support Services with minor injuries, one passenger with serious injuries.
Rt. 9W was shut down for approximately three hours while police investigated the accident. The investigation is continuing.
Lloyd Police were assisted at the scene by New York State Police, New York State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit, Highland Fire Department and Mobile Life Support Services.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie