Mid-Hudson Bridge Construction Rescheduled
Following massive and frustrating traffic delays, construction on the Mid-Hudson Bridge has been rescheduled. However, more traffic delays could begin Tuesday evening.
Delays on the Mid-Hudson Bridge were over 90 minutes on Saturday as workers repaired bridge joints, reducing traffic to one lane in each direction during construction.
Traffic was backed up on Route 9W in Ulster County and Route 9 in Poughkeespie.
Construction was originally scheduled from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. every weekend for the next month. After the massive Saturday traffic, officials wisely chose to suspend Sunday’s construction.
Monday evening, the New York State Bridge Authority announced future weekend daytime construction has been to rescheduled to night hours, mostly on weekdays, in hopes of minimizing local traffic.
Weather permitting, the revised construction schedule is as follows:
• October 18 from 8 PM – 6 AM on the West End
• October 19 from 8 PM – 6 AM on the West End
• October 21 from 8 PM – 6 AM on the East End
• October 22 from 8 PM – 6 AM on the East End
• October 24 from 8 PM – 6 AM on the West End
• October 28 from 8 PM – 6 AM on the East End
• October 29 from 8 PM – 6 AM on the East End
The Bridge Authority plans to update the public on future construction plans or changes on social media.